Friday, October 5, 2012

Life, Art and Reason


Here's a look at the cover for my recent album "Life, Art and Reason" (as of two weeks ago). Art by boodie. I happened upon this picture (on Facebook) and contacted boodie who kindly agreed to my making use of her art for this project.


A few weeks ago I made a few home-recordings of 14 song; some new songs, some older ones. Listen here: "Life, Art and Reason". If you click 'Play all' the first 14 songs will stream in sequence. It wasn't my intention make an album. I but wished to record a few song for reference (as I'm working on the songs), yet these 14 takes turned out quite well, I'd say, and the song order happened in a flow (the final 7 songs are recorded in one session, and I kept the song order). This is all demo stuff but if I get the few musicians together, whom I work with at times, I might someday be able to provide more orchestrated takes of the songs.

Most of these songs have been inspired by a certain lady and also by my adopting a 'Bright' stance to life, which means having a naturalistic worldview. The Brights movement's three major aims are:


A.Promote the civic understanding and acknowledgment of the naturalistic worldview, which is free of supernatural and mystical elements.

B.Gain public recognition that persons who hold such a worldview can bring principled actions to bear on matters of civic importance.

C.Educate society toward accepting the full and equitable civic participation of all such individuals.


 
Clicky Web Analytics